Saturday, February 13, 2010

Birthdays, Beans, and Banana Splits


Well, I've managed to have another birthday, whether I wanted it or not!  However, it was a fabulous day that started with my opening a cool, new camera from my dear hubby.  Thanks Dave!  Gayle and Steve were staying with us for a few days so we managed to get in a lunch out, meeting Kim, Whitney, Mandy & Lucy for some yummy soup, sandwiches and salads.  A day later we celebrated with my wonderful in-laws by consuming Dad's famous homemade beans and cornbread at the Buntjer's.  I ate myself almost into a coma.  We finished it off with Mandy's banana splits.  It really was a great birthday and I was spoiled beyond all reason by friends and family who showered me with gifts and well wishes.  I guess being 51 isn't so bad afterall?  With love and fun like this, I can't wait to turn 52. 

2 comments:

  1. I think I had almost as much fun on your birthday as you did!! Banana splits, lunch at Yapono's, lunch at Paradise bakery...and getting to spend so much time with lovable furry ole YOU!! (just kidding about the furry!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rylee is such a cutie! Love u! From: Samantha

    ReplyDelete